Two Months Before the Trip:
• Send a mailing to trip participants. Detail the logistics of your trip. Update families on how fundraising is going and on their remaining payment schedule. Enclose and explain any forms you'll need from trip participants.
• Hold another fundraiser.One Month Before the Trip:
• Collect all forms/releases from trip participants. If you're traveling internationally, collect copies of trip participants' passports.
• Find ways to involve your congregation in your trip. For example: Match up trip participants with prayer buddies or schedule a prayer/commissioning service for your team.Two Weeks Before the Trip:
• Photocopy forms and passports. Leave copies of all your important documents in your church office. Include copies for each trip leader/vehicle.
• Raise the limit on your credit card. If traveling internationally, alert your credit card company of your destination.
• Go to the bank and get travelers' checks/cash.
• Confirm trip transportation. If flying, arrange carpool to/from airport.
• Establish a phone tree, hotline or blog as a means of communicating with families during your trip.
• Hold a final trip meeting for parents and students to discuss trip logistics.
• Put together a first-aid kit.Day Before Departure:
• Pick up rental vans. Get a lock for the spare tire, load first-aid kits and two-way radios, and check air in the tires (including the spare).Day of Departure:•
Invite your congregation to join your team in prayer immediately before leaving.
• Take a picture of your team.
• Reassure nervous parents you'll care for their kids.
• Take off!